a2 Platinum® Premium infant formula is based on a unique and premium whey and casein protein blend.
The milk used in a2 Platinum® Premium infant formula is our a2 Milk™ from cows that have been specially selected to naturally produce milk with only the A2 beta-casein protein type.
Available in Coles, Woolworths, selected independent stores, including IGA Supa IGA, Foodworks, Foodland, and selected Pharmacies.
Available in Countdown supermarkets
|Milk solids [lactose, demineralised whey powder, whole milk, whey protein concentrate, skim milk], vegetable oils [soy, high oleic sunflower, coconut, canola, emulsifier (soy lecithin), antioxidant (mixed tocopherol)], galacto-oligosaccharide [GOS], minerals [sodium, calcium, phosphorus, potassium, chloride, magnesium, iron, zinc, selenium, copper, manganese, iodine], dried omega-3 and omega-6 oils [fish oil (tuna), arachidonic acid oil, sodium caseinate, emulsifier (soy lecithin)], vitamins [vitamins (A, B6, B12, C, D, E, K), thiamin, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, folic acid], acidity regulator [calcium hydroxide, citric acid], choline, taurine, inositol, nucleotides [cytidine 5’-monophosphate, uridine 5’-monophosphate, adenosine 5’-monophosphate, inosine 5’-monophosphate, guanosine 5’-monophosphate], L-Carnitine. Contains milk, soy and fish.|
Consider a2 Platinum® Premium infant formula: 0-6 months when exclusive breastfeeding is considered not possible* and complimentary feeding or exclusive formula feeding is needed.
*Breastfeeding advice and support should be sought as early as possible and can be sought from a maternal and child health nurse, birth hospital, lactation consultant, Australian Breast Feeding Association or GP, among other services
|Average Quantity Per 100mL Prepared Feed|
|Whey protein 60%||0.88g|
|Casein protein 40%||0.59g|
|α-Linolenic acid (ALA)||64mg|
|Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)||12mg|
|Arachidonic acid (ARA)||12mg|
|Vitamins||Average Quantity Per 100mL Prepared Feed|
|Vitamin C (ascorbic acid)||19mg|
|Vitamin E||1.2mg α-TE|
|Niacin (vitamin B3)||536μg|
|Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5)||500μg|
|Riboflavin (vitamin B2)||160μg|
|Thiamin (vitamin B1)||76μg|
|Minerals||Average Quantity Per 100mL Prepared Feed|
|Other||Average Quantity Per 100mL Prepared Feed|
x Refer to feeding guide
1. Always wash hands with soap and water and dry using a clean cloth. Clean the preparation surface thoroughly before preparing a feed.
2. Clean all feeding equipment in hot soapy water and rinse thoroughly. Next, sterilise all feeding equipment by submerging bottles, teats and lids in a pan of water and boiling for 5 minutes, or using an approved steriliser.
3. Boil safe drinking water and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
4. Refer to the feeding guide instructions on this can to check how much powder and water is needed. Pour the correct amount of previously boiled (now cooled) water into the sterilised bottle.
5. Use only the enclosed scoop, fill scoop and level off using the built-in leveller on the can. Avoid compacting powder.
6. Add the exact amount of powder to the water in the bottle. Always add 1 level scoop of powder for each 50ml of water. Cap the bottle and mix thoroughly by shaking gently or swirling the bottle to dissolve the powder.
7. Check the temperature of feed on the inside of your wrist before feeding. It should feel warm, but cool is better than too hot. Feed your baby immediately. Discard any feed that has not been consumed within 1 hour.
If feeds need to be prepared in advance for use later, they should be prepared in individual bottles, cooled quickly and placed in the refrigerator (no higher than 5°C). Throw away any refrigerated feed not used within 24 hours. Re—warm for no more than 15 minutes, by placing in a container of warm water (make sure none of this water gets into the feed). Shake or swirl the bottle occasionally to reheat evenly. Check the temperature of the feed as above. Never use a microwave for any formula preparation or to warm-up feeds.
|Age of Baby||Cooled Boiled Water (mL)||Level Scoops of Powder*||Number of Feeds Per Day|
|0 – 4 days||50||1||5 – 6|
|5 days – 4 weeks||100||2||6 – 8|
|1 – 4 months||150||3||5 – 6|
|4 – 6 months||200||4||4 – 5|
|>6 months||200||4||3 – 4|
*1 Level Scoop ≈ 7.5g of powder
NOTE: 1 scoop of powder added to 50mL water yields approximately 56mL of formula. This is a general feeding guide only. Infants may need more or less formula.